Done, your profile is created.Finish your profile by filling in the following fields
Forgot Password Earn Money,Free Notes
Password sent to your Email Id, Please Check your Mail
Updating Cart........ Please Wait........
Wimax and lte technology ppt
WiMAX is a wireless communications standard designed for creating Metropolitan Area Networks(MANs). and difference between wimax and lte | free ppt download
WIMAX AND LTE A fourth generation (4G) technology.WiMAX stands for
Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access. WiMAX is
technically also known as“IEEE 802.16”
WiMAX is a wireless communications standard designed for
creating Metropolitan Area Networks(MANs).
Founded by Ensemble, CrossSpan, Harris NokiaFEATURES SUPPORTED BY WIMAX
• Scalable bandwidth and high Data Rates
• Adaptive modulation and coding
• Link layer retransmission
• Support for TDD and FDD
• Orthogonal frequency division multiple access
• Flexible and dynamic per user resource allocation
• Support for advanced antenna techniquesThe architecture divided into three parts–
Mobile stations used by the subscriber to access the network
The Access Service Network (ASN)– which is owned by NAP and comprises one
or more base stations and one or more ASN gateways that form the radio access
network the subscriber and provides the broadband access service
The Connectivity Service Network (CSN) which is owned by the NSP and
provides IP connectivity and all the IP core network functionsWIMAX SPECIFICATION
Uses the licensed frequencies from 2 to 11 GHz
Supports Mesh network
Increase spectrum to 5 and 6 GHz
Provides QoS( for real time voice and video service)
Represents a 10 to 66GHzNetwork Layer
MAC Convergence Sublayer
MAC Privacy Sublayer
Physical Layer• Connecting WiFi hotspots to the Internet.
• Providing a wireless alternative to cable and DSL for "last mile" broadband access.
• Providing data and telecommunications services.
• Providing a source of Internet connectivity as part of a business continuity plan.
• Providing portable connectivity.
• Providing hassle free ,reliable hispeed broadband access. Residential or Home and Broadband Internet Access:
Medium and small size business:
Wi Fi Hotspots.
Multiplayer Interactive Gaming.
VOIP and Video Conference
Web Browsing and Instant Messaging Long term evolution (LTE) is the next step forward in cellular 3G services.
LTE technology is a based on a 3GPP standard that provides for a downlink speed
of up to 150 megabits per second (Mbps) and an uplink speed of up to 50 Mbps.
LTE is a way for cellular communications to operate at that high data rate.
These high data rates will enables new applications and services such as voice
over IP, streaming multimedia, videoconferencing or even a highspeed cellular
(EPC)LTE ADVANCED TOPOLOGIESMultihop communications is a way where users get the services from BS through
Point to multipoint
In point to multi point communication is a topology where BS communicate with end users in
LOS and NLOS environment.
This is based on tree topology, where relay communicate as a middle node between BS and MS
where one end is connected with BS and other with MS. Mesh Topology
In mesh topology, all the devices can be connected with each other within the
same network. In mesh every node is connected to other nodes within the same
topology or network.LTE PROTOCOL OPERATION
• Scheduling :downlink scheduling, uplink scheduling
• Management and Control Functions
• Handover and Roaming
• Power Save Operation• The principal of LTE is that the LTE network, like all cellular systems, is
designed to operate in scarce and valuable licensed spectrum.
• This means that it is highly optimized and a lot of complexity is necessary for
the highest possible efficiency.
• LTE uses all the time on the downlink for conveying data.Any queries
You can find us at thesisscientist.com