Improving a protocol for routing in ad hoc networking using dynamic source routing(DSR) based on ACO Ant Colony Optimization Technique.
free pdf download
IMPROVEMENT OF NETWORK LIFETIME BY
IMPROVING ROUTE DISCOVERY PHASE IN MULTI-
PATH DSR USING HYBRID ANT COLONY
Introduction to MANET
Applications of MANET
Classification ofMANET’s Routing Protocols
DSR Routing Protocol
Improving a protocol for routing in ad hoc
networking using dynamic source routing(DSR)
based on ACO Ant Colony Optimization Technique.
With Respect to Three Performance Metrics:
(1) Packet end to end delay,
(3) Packet delivery ratio
Simulation Tool Used: MATLABMANET
The term MANET(Mobile Ad hoc Network)refers to a
multihop packet based wireless network composed of a set of
mobile nodes that can communicate and move at the same time,
without using any kind of fixed wired infrastructureApplication of MANET
VANET(Vehicular Ad Hoc Network)
MILITARY ENVIRONMENTMANET ROUTING PROTOCOLS
Routing Protocols of MANET
Proactive/Table-Driven Routing Protocols-: When a packet
needs to be forwarded, the route is already known. Each node
Reactive/ On-Demand Routing Protocols: Determine a route
only when there is data to send. It maintains only currently active
routes to reduce network load.Reactive versus Proactive Routing
– (+) immediately provide the required routes when
– (-) Largersignallingtrafficand power consumption.
– Attempts to discover routes only on-demand by
– (+)Smaller signalling traffic and power consumption.
– (-) A long delay for application when no route to
– combinationofproactive andreactiveDynamic Source Routing (DSR)
It is based on concept of source routing.
Each node maintains a route cache to store
all possible learned routes.
It using two main mechanisms: Route
discovery and Route maintenance
Route Discovery process is initiated only if
desired route can not found in route cache.Dynamic Source Routing (DSR)
Route reply propagation in
Route request propagation in
ACO Ant Colony Optimization Technique is developed
from ant behaviour when foraging for food specifically the
method through which ants choose a shortest path to a
specific source when many trails are evident.Simulation Tool Used
• MATLAB is a numerical computing environment and
• Created by The MathWorks, MATLAB allows easy
– matrix manipulation,
– plotting of functions and data,
– implementation of algorithms,
– creation of user interfaces, and
– interfacing with programs in other languages.
• MATLAB is available for Windows, Macintosh and
UNIX systems. It is used by more than one million
people in industry and academia. Simulation SetupTHANK YOU
YOU CAN FIND US