Done, your profile is created.Finish your profile by filling in the following fields
Forgot Password Earn Money,Free Notes
Password sent to your Email Id, Please Check your Mail
Updating Cart........ Please Wait........
How 5G wireless technology works
5G is a packet switched wireless system with wide area coverage and high throughput. 5G is going to be a packed based network. 5g network pdf
▪ Introduction to 5G
▪ Evolution from 1G to 5G
▪ Standards of wireless 5G
▪ What is 5G ?
▪ What does it offer ?
▪ why we need 5G ?4
Introduction of 5G
- 5G is a packet switched wireless system with wide area
coverage and high throughput.
- 5G wireless uses OFDM and millimeter wireless that
enables data rate of 20 mbps and frequency band of 2-8
- 5G is going to be a packed based network. 5
What does it offer ?
Worldwide cellular phones.
Extraordinary data capabilities.
More power & features in hand held phones.
Large phone memory, more dialing speed, more
clarity in audio & video. 6
Why we need 5G ?
▪ Due to drawback of other generation.
▪ They have low speed , poor voice and video quality as 5G. 7
Evolution 0 Generation
▪ Pre-cell phone mobile telephony technology, such as radio telephones that
some had in cars before the arrival of cell phones.
▪ Communication was possible through voice only.
▪ These mobile telephones were usually mounted in cars or trucks.
▪ Technologies :
- PTT(Push to Talk)
- MTS (Mobile Telephone System)
- IMTS (Improved MTS)8
▪ First mobile radio
telephone In 1924.9
“A voice call gets modulated to a higher frequency
of about150MHz and it is transmitted between radio
towers. This is done using a technique called
Frequency-Division Multiple Access (FDMA).”10
- FDMA (Frequency Division Multiple Access)
- NMT (Nordic Mobile Telephone)
- AMPS (Advanced Mobile Phone System)
▪ Problems :
- No security
- Prone to distortions11
Drawback of 1 G
▪ Poor battery
▪ Poor voice quality
▪ Large in size
▪ No security
▪ Frequency call drop12
▪ Digital cell phones
▪ Speed: 10kbits/sec
▪ Time to download a 3min MP3 song: 31- 41 min
▪ Different Services :
- Digital voice calling
- Short message service (SMS)
Drawback of 2G
▪ Weaker digital signal
▪ Due to rapid changes in user
expectation, they do not meet
today's wireless need.
▪ These systems are unable to handle
complex data such as Videos.
▪ Low voice data & slow
▪ Reduce range of sound14
▪ Time to download a 3min MP3
“ 3G networks provide the
ability to transfer voice data & song:
non-voice data over the same ▪ 11sec-1.5min
▪ The aim of the 3G is to allow for
Speed: 144kb/sec-3mb/sec i.e. 1
more coverage and growth with
million bits, or 125,000 bytes, of
data are being transferred per ▪ Internet, e-mail, fax, e-commerce,
music, video clips, and
- Phone calls
- Global roaming, GPS
- Send/receive large email messages
- High-speed Web, Navigation/maps
- Video conferencing
- Electronic agenda meeting reminder16
Drawback of 3G
▪ High Bandwidth Requirement
▪ Expensive 3G Phones.
▪ Large Cell Phones17
▪“The word “MAGIC” also refers ▪ Speed:
to 4G wireless technology which ▪ The data transfer is 100 Mbps
stands for Mobile multimedia, for outdoor and 1Gbps for
Any-where, Global mobility indoor.
solutions over, Integrated
wireless and Customized
▪ Features include:
- A spectrally efficient system
- High network capacity
- Huge data rate
- Perfect connectivity & global roaming
- High quality of service, Security & Privacy 19
Drawback of 4G
▪ Battery uses is more
▪ Hard to implement
▪ Need complicated hardware
▪ Expensive equipment
required to implement next
Standard of WIRELESS 5G
- WiMAX formed to provide conformance and
interoperability of the IEEE 802.16 standard.
It aims to provide wireless data over long
distance from point-to-point link to cellular
mobile type access.
- WiBRO a part of IEEE 802.16e in process to
provide collaborative and generic mobile