5G is a packet switched wireless system with wide area coverage and high throughput. 5G is going to be a packed based network. 5g network pdf
▪ Introduction to 5G
▪ Evolution from 1G to 5G
▪ Standards of wireless 5G
▪ What is 5G ?
▪ What does it offer ?
▪ why we need 5G ?4
Introduction of 5G
- 5G is a packet switched wireless system with wide area
coverage and high throughput.
- 5G wireless uses OFDM and millimeter wireless that
enables data rate of 20 mbps and frequency band of 2-8
- 5G is going to be a packed based network. 5
What does it offer ?
Worldwide cellular phones.
Extraordinary data capabilities.
More power & features in hand held phones.
Large phone memory, more dialing speed, more
clarity in audio & video. 6
Why we need 5G ?
▪ Due to drawback of other generation.
▪ They have low speed , poor voice and video quality as 5G. 7
Evolution 0 Generation
▪ Pre-cell phone mobile telephony technology, such as radio telephones that
some had in cars before the arrival of cell phones.
▪ Communication was possible through voice only.
▪ These mobile telephones were usually mounted in cars or trucks.
▪ Technologies :
- PTT(Push to Talk)
- MTS (Mobile Telephone System)
- IMTS (Improved MTS)8
▪ First mobile radio
telephone In 1924.9
“A voice call gets modulated to a higher frequency
of about150MHz and it is transmitted between radio
towers. This is done using a technique called
Frequency-Division Multiple Access (FDMA).”10
- FDMA (Frequency Division Multiple Access)
- NMT (Nordic Mobile Telephone)
- AMPS (Advanced Mobile Phone System)
▪ Problems :
- No security
- Prone to distortions11
Drawback of 1 G
▪ Poor battery
▪ Poor voice quality
▪ Large in size
▪ No security
▪ Frequency call drop12
▪ Digital cell phones
▪ Speed: 10kbits/sec
▪ Time to download a 3min MP3 song: 31- 41 min
▪ Different Services :
- Digital voice calling
- Short message service (SMS)
Drawback of 2G
▪ Weaker digital signal
▪ Due to rapid changes in user
expectation, they do not meet
today's wireless need.
▪ These systems are unable to handle
complex data such as Videos.
▪ Low voice data & slow
▪ Reduce range of sound14
▪ Time to download a 3min MP3
“ 3G networks provide the
ability to transfer voice data & song:
non-voice data over the same ▪ 11sec-1.5min
▪ The aim of the 3G is to allow for
Speed: 144kb/sec-3mb/sec i.e. 1
more coverage and growth with
million bits, or 125,000 bytes, of
data are being transferred per ▪ Internet, e-mail, fax, e-commerce,
music, video clips, and
- Phone calls
- Global roaming, GPS
- Send/receive large email messages
- High-speed Web, Navigation/maps
- Video conferencing
- Electronic agenda meeting reminder16
Drawback of 3G
▪ High Bandwidth Requirement
▪ Expensive 3G Phones.
▪ Large Cell Phones17
▪“The word “MAGIC” also refers ▪ Speed:
to 4G wireless technology which ▪ The data transfer is 100 Mbps
stands for Mobile multimedia, for outdoor and 1Gbps for
Any-where, Global mobility indoor.
solutions over, Integrated
wireless and Customized
▪ Features include:
- A spectrally efficient system
- High network capacity
- Huge data rate
- Perfect connectivity & global roaming
- High quality of service, Security & Privacy 19
Drawback of 4G
▪ Battery uses is more
▪ Hard to implement
▪ Need complicated hardware
▪ Expensive equipment
required to implement next
Standard of WIRELESS 5G
- WiMAX formed to provide conformance and
interoperability of the IEEE 802.16 standard.
It aims to provide wireless data over long
distance from point-to-point link to cellular
mobile type access.
- WiBRO a part of IEEE 802.16e in process to
provide collaborative and generic mobile