job interview ppt template and job interview self introduction ppt and also job interview skills powerpoint
Preparing for a Job Interview
Department of Earth and Geo-Environmental Sciences
University of Bari
vittoria.sportelliuniba.itMock Interview in English
to prepare for the
A mock interview is a simulation of a
job interview used to coach job
applicants for an actual employment
1. Predict interview questions
2. Prepare information to include in the answer
3. Practice answers to communicate effectively in
English by exploring grammar patterns and
structures, appropriate terminology and pronunciation
4. Polish up on interview etiquette
The 4Ps to Empowerment“Acts” of an Interview
Act I: The Entrance
Act II: The Performance
Act III: The ExitAct I: The Entrance
The Art of Meeting and GreetingI: Please, come in and take a seat.
C: Thank you, Sir/Madam.
I: Hello. What is your name?
C: Good morning, Mr/Mrs/Ms/Professor Smith.
My name is John Doe.(NB: first name first, last
name last) It’s a pleasure/ Nice/Pleased to
I: How do you do?
C: How do you do. My name is….I: Hello. Nice to meet you, too. Thank you
C: Thank you for having me.
I: How are you, today?
C: I’m very well, thank you. And you?
I: Fine, thanks. Would you like a cup of
coffee or something to drink before we
C: No, thank you all the same. I’m fine.
I: Ok, then. Let’s get started.Act II: The Performance
Core of the InterviewQuestion Categories
A. Persona (questions 1-4)
B. Qualifications, Work experience
and Career goals (5-9)A. Questions about your persona
1. Questions about you
2. Question about your strengths
3. Questions about your weaknesses
4. Questions about hobbies/interests1. Questions about you
• Tell us something about yourself.
• How would you describe yourself?
• Can you talk to us about yourself?Sample answer:
My name is Jane Doe. I come from Mexico, but I live/am
currently living in Italy.
I have conferred a BSc in Geology and hold an MSc degree in
Physics. I am currently working towards a PhD in Geophysics.
(I graduated in Geology from the University of Bari, in 2010)
My qualifications also include knowledge of petrol research
and 3 years’ experience in geological surveying.
I am single/married//separated/ divorced. I have
one/two/three…. children.Useful Grammar:
• Present Simple to express permanent situations, habits,
• Present Continuous to express temporary situations,
actions in course
• Present Perfect Simple/Continuous to express:
– general experiences in the past without detailing when
– experiences which began in the past, but are still in
course (unfinished actions)
• Past Simple to describe finished actions in the past at a
given, specific, or implied moment and place.2.Question about your strengths
• What are/would you consider to be your
• What would you say your strongest assets
• What are your most positive aspects?Include 3-4 positive character traits:
loyal open-mindedInclude 3-4 proficiency traits:
I would say I am an honest, reliable, hard-working
person. I also possess a positive outlook towards my
profession and life in general. People say I am
friendly and good at giving advice.
I have very good leadership qualities, as well as
organizational and time management skills, but my
greatest strengths are my flexibility and ability to
effectively handle multiple projects and meet
• I am…
• I have/possess
• My greatest strengths are/include…
• I would (I’d) say I am….
• I would (I’d) define/describe/depict myself as….
• I consider myself to be….
• I think/believe I am…
• People say I am….Useful Grammar:
• I am honest. (adjective)
• I am a good listener. (noun)
• I have/possess good managerial skills. (noun)
• I am good at multitasking. (-ing form noun)
• I know how/am able to adapt to new work