Done, your profile is created.Finish your profile by filling in the following fields
Forgot Password Earn Money,Free Notes
Password sent to your Email Id, Please Check your Mail
Updating Cart........ Please Wait........
how driverless cars will change the world
driverless car, self-driving car, robotic car is a vehicle that is capable of sensing its environment and navigating without human input. and how driverless car works | download free ppt
DRIVERLESS CARWhen life becomes so hectic that…When such hectic turns out as tragediesFrom Automobiles to Auto Mobility
The autonomous vehicle, driverless or selfdriving car will be one of the
greatest technological developments of the next decade (if not all time).
It will profoundly change life on earth.
For the past century our carcentric culture has shaped infrastructure and
ideals, landscape and lifestyle, ethics and enterprise. We rely on the mobility
that cars provide us more than ever, but the car‟s purpose and meaning
changes as the driver fades out.
When the car builds itself,
environments and economies are reshaped.
This report looks at the players, technologies and trends in the autonomous
vehicle space and paints a picture of probable futures for citizens,
businesses and marketers.
Buckle up. Bumpy roads ahead.Local Governments Are Committing
to Driverless Infrastructure…
“Michigan is building a
“An amendment condoned by The
United Nations Convention on road
driverless town for
traffic will soon allow testing of
autonomous vehicles in the
European Union, Mexico, Chile
Driver error is the most common cause of traffic accidents
India contributes 6 of the world's road accident deaths
Cell phones incar ,entertainment systems, more traffic and more
complicated road systems making it more frequent
By this improving technology our car will do the concentrating for
us.What is a Driverless Car
It is a vehicle that can drive itself from one point to another without
assistance from a driver; in other words, with an autopilot systemHow will the car detect the traffic lights
A sensor “actinometer” is used to detect the intensity of radiation
Light of different colors will radiate different 2intensity of radiation
Which will be detected by the sensor
If the detected intensity is of red color or yellow color then controller will
send a command to stop the vehicle .
The command will be followed by robot(to convert the computer
command into mechanical input)Technologies Making A System Fully Autonomous
Electronic stability control (ESC)
Lane Departure Warning System
Automated Guided Vehicle
An ABS generally offers
improved vehicle control
and decreases stopping
distances on dry and
slippery surfaces for many
drivers.Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
• A computerized technology improves
vehicle's stability by detecting and
• Automatically applies the brakes.
• Helps to minimize a loss of control.
• ESC compares the driver's intended
direction to the vehicle's actual
Cruise control keeps the car at a constant speed by taking over the
throttle of the car
It also maintain a set distance between it and the car in front of itLane Departure Warning System
• A mechanism designed to warn a driver
when the vehicle begins to move out of its
• Designed to minimize accidents by
addressing the main causes of collisions:
driving error, distraction and
System uses sensors all around the car to guide it into a
parallel parking space
Lexus LS 460 L with Advance Parking Guidance System
The driver has to find a parking space,
Position the car next to it, and use the incabin
navigation screen to tell the car where it should go.
The parking space needs to be 6 feet (1.8 meters) longer
than the carAutomated Guided Vehicle Systems
• Uses FROG (Free Ranging
On Grid) technology
• FROG vehicles are
equipped with a computer
that contains a map of the
areaControl of Vehicle
As automotive technology matures, more and more functions of the
underlying engine, gearbox etc. are no longer directly controlled by the
driver by mechanical means.
It is controlled via a computer, which receives instructions from the
driver as inputs and delivers the desired effect by means of electronic
Therefore, the technology for a computer to control all aspects of a
vehicle is well understood.Will Your Life Be DifferentAutonomous Cars Will Give You Back 4 Years Of
9days / year
Average time a person will
Average time equivalent
spend driving in their
51minutes 15 days / year
Average length of Average time equivalent
commute to work in the Moms spend driving kids
US aroundYou Will Spend More Time Doing the Things You Love, Not Driving
Have you ever wanted to bill hours
Stuck in traffic Fire up your car‟s
for your commute This dream
gaming center to play chess or
could be reality when your car
Words With Friends against your
becomes a mobile office
Imagine a smart car that
recommends articles or
stories based on the
expected travel time.
Cars of the future will
undoubtedly be entertainment
Texting / Talking with
hubs, featuring built in tablets and
Friends Technology, both
new and current, will
adapt to social travels.
Some commuters might
These respondents listed
consider planning their lives
activities such as „watch
to get a full 8 hours of sleep
the road‟ or „enjoy the
during their commutes
scenery.‟You Will Be More Productive
Boost in annual
The autonomous vehicle will increase productivity, especially for people who work from
the road (e.g., real estate, sales). Driverless autos will feature highspeed bandwidth and
2way live streaming. The boost in productivity will increase GDP and enable many
businesses to adopt 4 day work weeks.You Will Live Longer and Healthier
People injured daily Driverless cars are
People die in road
in crashes from 10x safer than
distracted driving human driven cars
Automobile accidents are the leading cause of death amongst young people (ages 15
29) and the 2 cause of death worldwide. In addition to reducing deaths from crashes,
driverless cars will reduce cancer as they decrease anxiety and driving stress.
Happiness and wellbeing correlate to the length of time spent commuting in traffic.Saving Of Parking Space
• Independently seek parking
• Demand for adjacent parking decrease
• Conversion to other land usesYou Will be Independent Longer
Transportation will no
longer be a hindrance for
Older adults injured in
Even the kids
Autonomous cars will offer the elderly independence from caregivers. They will give the
aging population a better quality of life, as well as help them to participate in the
workforce longer.Business Implications of Autonomous Cars10 Ways Marketing Will be Totally Transformed
1. Outofhome advertising and billboards will respond and customize to
2. Rushhour/drivetime radio will adapt or die
3. Entertainment (and ads) will need to be roadready
4. Content will be designed for Virtual Reality car windows
5. New retail destinations will pop up in unusual, out of the way locations6. Retail on wheels will explode
7. Products will be introduced just for incar use (cooking, entertaining,
learning, working, gaming, etc.)
8. Businesses will be launched for the hiding and control of geo location data
9. Social networks will evolve into networks of social roads
10. Brands will sponsor routes and “curated road experiences”10 Jobs of the Future Created by Autonomous Cars
1. Ethical Programmer — Will the car be programmed to protect the
passenger, civilians, or the greatest good
2. Parking Lot Ranger — If parking lots are repurposed as park spaces these
new public spaces will need attending and policing.
3. Liability Data Investigator — Who is at fault in an autonomous accident
The data will know and special investigators will perform the data forensics.
4. Pave Paint Pro — Driverless cars rely on high quality roads and clear
road markings, so road maintenance will be an important, highlypaid job.
5. 3D Printer Auto Stylist — People will need assistance with CAD, designing
their custom cars and decorating their interiors.6. Convoy Party Planner — Specialist planners will be sought to assist with
auto entertaining and longhaul group travel.
7. AntiHacking Mechanic — A new field of mechanics will emerge to safeguard
data and privacy and thwart auto hacking, which could be deadly.
8. Personal Vehicle Trainer — As obesity rises, the auto becomes a place for
workouts. Trainers will travel with clients to exercise onthego.
9. Sensor Technician — All the auto’s sensors will need regular tuneups and
calibrations handled by sensor specialists.
10. OS Therapist — When the auto is intelligent, its OS may suffer emotionally,
requiring therapy from an AI auto shrink.THANKS
Write us at: