Done, your profile is created.Finish your profile by filling in the following fields
Forgot Password Earn Money,Free Notes
Password sent to your Email Id, Please Check your Mail
Updating Cart........ Please Wait........
Time and Stress Management
Time and Stress Management 29
Time and Stress
Strategies & Resources
Study Skills for Success Time Management Strategies Get a Road Map Example: March 6-April 8 Make every moment count… Set reasonable, detailed goals For example
• Write paper for BUSA 100. Instead…
• Write paper for BUSA 100.
Select topic for paper.
Find books on topic.
Write introduction. Trick your brain into efficiency What does that mean?
• Blocks of study time and breaks
• Make rewards
• Dedicated study spaces
• Weekly reviews
• Review notes and readings just before class
• Review lecture notes right after class
• Prioritize your assignments
• Why do you want to do this?
• What will happen if you don't progress?
• Avoid distractions and escapes
• Get a buddy Old Adages
• It's not how much you read but rather what
• It's not how much time you spend doing
something, it's how productive you are during
the time you allocated to achieve something
• Time is money Discussion
• What are your most effective time
• What strategies do you use to avoid
Additional time management resources
• Create a simple "To Do" list, see:
• Daily/weekly planner
• Long term planner
• Try McGill s Assignment Calculator (5 Steps to a
Better Paper), see:
• Try this exercise in time management, see:
Management Stress Management
First, recognize stress
• Stress symptoms include mental, social, and
Stress Management is the ability to maintain
control when situations, people, and events
make excessive demands Stress management strategies
• Remove yourself from the stressful situation
• Avoid extreme reactions
• Set realistic goals for yourself
• Get enough sleep
• Change the way you see
• Set priorities
• Try to "use" stress Stress management strategies
• Selectively change the way you react
• Discover new relaxation techniques
• Don't sweat the small stuff
• Avoid self-medication or escape
• Take control of the situation
• Exercise & eat well
• Try to be positive Most importantly
• If stress is putting you in an unmanageable
state or interfering with your schoolwork,
social and/or work life, seek professional
• What are your most effective stress
• What strategies do you use to avoid stress?