To live a healthy lifestyle, choose only healthy foods, put more exercise and physical activity into your daily routine.
LifestyleWhat is a Healthy Lifestyle?
A healthy lifestyle is one which helps to keep
and improve people's health and well-being.
Many governments and non-governmental
organizations have made big efforts in healthy
lifestyle and health promotion.Definition of HEALTH ??
A state of complete mental,
physical and social well-being and
not merely the absence of
disease or infirmitySo a Healthy Person is :
• Physically well – Your heart, lungs and
other body systems are working
• Mentally well – You are able to cope
with stress and control your emotions.
You feel positive about yourself.
• Socially happy – You have friendship
and support. You feel as though you
have a value to society.
• Free from disease – You are free from
any disease and feel 100%Steps to a healthy lifestyleTowards Healthy Lifestyle
■ Exercise Daily
■ Eat Healthy (Eat more fruits and vegetables)
■ Choose Water as a drink
■ Sleep Well
■ Avoid Smoking and Alcohol
■ Avoid StressGet active for an hour or more each day
• Have a mini walk
• Do a lot of works
• Use stairs and avoid lift
• Do mini exercises
• Do cycling or swimming• Getting regular exercise is another
wonderful way to keep your weight in
check, manage overall stress levels,
and stay connected with others.
• Exercise can decrease ‘stress
hormones' and increase endorphins,
your body's ‘feel-good’ chemicals,
giving your mood a natural boost. Eat Healthy FoodEat Smartly..
■ Eat every 2-3 hourly
■ Fresh veggies and fresh fruits
■ Whole Grains like Wheat, Brown rice or
unpolished rice, Bajra, Jowar, Nachni
■ Legumes and Pulses
■ Milk and products(curd, buttermilk, paneer,
■ Lean chicken and fish
■ Nuts (almonds, walnuts), SoyabeanEat more healthy foodsChoose water as a drink
• Drink 8 glasses per day
• Preferably go for mineral water
• Water is a healthy drink than others
• Keep us from thirsty
• Drink 100% fruit juiceSleep Well
• Sleep plays a vital role in good
health and well-being throughout
• Getting enough quality sleep at
the right times can help in
protecting your mental health,
physical health, quality of life and
safety.Do not Smoke Because..
• It is not good for human health
• Damages the lungs
• Waste our money for no good reason
• Can cause lung cancerAvoid Stress
• Healthy lifestyle habits can also help you
reverse your stress response, enabling you to
avoid or even reverse the negative effects of
• Stress relief plan involves finding ways to
calm down quickly so you can more effectively
manage stress as it comes, while avoiding the
negative effects of chronic stress. Another
important way to relieve stress is to maintain
healthy lifestyle habits.How Exercise Can Relieve Stress
• It increases an individual’s wellbeing and helps
them to feel good
• It helps relieve stress, and prevents stress
• It increases self-esteem and confidence
• It contributes to good health
• It contributes to the enjoyment of lifeEat less
more..Eat in Small Amount
Know what being hungry feels like. This
takes some practice.
When you're eating a meal, stop when
you're satisfied, not when you're full.