Done, your profile is created.Finish your profile by filling in the following fields
Forgot Password Earn Money,Free Notes
Password sent to your Email Id, Please Check your Mail
Updating Cart........ Please Wait........
OE PM - Business Case Presentation Template
OE PM - Business Case Presentation Template 11
Enter Project Name
OE PM Business Case
Month, Day, Year
PMCOP Artifact ID: I02.00 1 Purpose
The Business Case Presentation is an optional template that can be used if it is
deemed appropriate to present the results of the business case in a PowerPoint
PMCOP Artifact ID: I02.00 2 Investment Description
• Business Project Objective: A one or two sentence describing the successful
outcome of this project.
• Problem/Opportunity Statement: Problem/Opportunity Table from the Project
PMCOP Artifact ID: I02.00 3 Investment Description
• Solution Strategy: Summarize the proposed project, including major activities, and
key attributes of the solution. Explain how the proposed project addresses the
specific business issues or opportunities identified in the previous section.
• Strategic Fit: Identify which of the company’s strategic objectives this proposed
project supports, and explain how (i.e. increases customer retention/acquisition, etc.).
List project characteristics (e.g. regulatory requirement, corporate mandate, contract
PMCOP Artifact ID: I02.00 4 Assumptions and Dependencies
• Key Assumptions: Specify any assumptions that are driving the project approach.
Information should come from the Project Charter.
• Strategic Fit: List all efforts that this project is dependent on, as well as efforts that
will depend on this project. Explain coordination efforts planned or underway.
PMCOP Artifact ID: I02.00 5 Competitive Benchmarking
Discuss competitor’s practices in the solution space.
PMCOP Artifact ID: I02.00 6 Alternatives and Comparisons
Document each alternative solution considered. Discuss the “Do Nothing” alternative only if it is
a viable alternative. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each alternative and why
each was rejected.
PMCOP Artifact ID: I02.00 7 Solution Recommendation
Document the recommended solution with a summary of the reasons why this solution is
PMCOP Artifact ID: I02.00 8 Benefits
Identify the incremental revenues anticipated. Clearly identify which business units will receive these
benefits. For revenue projects consider the following factors: target market(s), size, growth rate,
penetration/share, revenue cannibalization, pricing structure, price direction, market window. For revenue
retention projects describe the basis for assumed accounts/assets saved. ecommend
Identify the incremental cost savings. Distinguish between savings in sponsoring enterprise and savings in
• Identify the incremental cost savings. Distinguish between savings in sponsoring enterprise and
savings of other enterprises:
• What group or groups will be more productive as a result of this project
• What percent productivity improvement is assumed in the Business Case By activity By function
• What existing costs are we saving by investing in this project
• What future costs are we avoiding by investing in this project
• Have the affected organizations/functions agreed to the benefits cited in the Business Case
• For headcount reduction projects what are the employee relocation/reassignment costs
PMCOP Artifact ID: I02.00 9 Benefits
Discuss noneconomic benefits, including those related to regulatory
List each expected benefit, whether it can be measured, and the proposed
method for measurement. If the method for measurement does not currently
exist, its’ development should be included as a project requirement.
Benefits Proposed Method for Measurement
Ex: Increased trade revenue Ex: Reporting on number of clicks
Benefits Reason why Benefits are not Measurable
Ex: Success defined as no significant security breaches, which are not
Ex: Increased security
currently happening now
PMCOP Artifact ID: I02.00 10 Cost Overview
• Develop Cost and Capital Spending: Identify all the relevant costs of developing
the project. Discuss the cost and timeline of returning any applications, systems, or
processes that would be replaced by the new vendor.
• Ongoing Costs: Identify the incremental impacts on the firm’s Operating expense
once the project is complete. Include both direct costs, as well as, any indirect costs
that are not fully captured in the current cost allocation (e.g. mainframe processing
(MIPS) impacts). Distinguish between ongoing costs in sponsoring enterprise and
those of other enterprises.
• FOE Resources: Discuss FOE resource needs not accounted for by development
costs (example: subject matter experts who will not be charged to the project, but
from whom a significant time commitment is required).
PMCOP Artifact ID: I02.00 11
Year 0 Year 1 Year 2 Year 3 Year 4 Year 5
Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Total
PMCOP Artifact ID: I02.00 12